Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Worth it? Totally


One of the first things I decided to do for homeschooling was to start each day by praying together and memorizing a Bible verse each week. We have a short list of prayer requests, mostly for family members and that our house in Texas would sell. It's so fun to hear the boys pray for these things that are so much bigger than they can understand. For Bible verses I decided to pick a verse for each letter of the alphabet and work on one verse a week. "A" is Romans 3:23 - All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. This is a concept my little sinners can easily grasp! Our "B" verse is Ephesians 4:32 - Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another. Here's that cool story I mentioned the other day:
A couple of Saturday's ago, I woke up really grumpy. Hard to believe, I know. It was a rough morning and I was quite unpleasant to be around, even though I tried to shake the attitude. The boys were their typical hellion selves when cooped up inside all day. However, around lunchtime they disappeared for a little while. I wasn't too worried about where they were because it was quiet and peaceful. After a little while, they came to get me. It turns out they had been in our room making our bed. They know I like the bed to be made and make it first thing most mornings. They said, "Mom, we wanted to be kind and tender-hearted to you, so we made your bed for you." I was officially a puddle of goo. Then I had to go practice what I was preaching. Nothing like some sweet kids to turn a day around.

No comments: