Monday, March 29, 2010

Ok, I get it!

Do you ever go through a period of time where you feel like God is trying to tell you something? That has been happening to me this week. I chuckle now every time this topic comes up because it's happened about 15 times since last Tuesday.
I go to Bible Study Fellowship at a nearby church each week. During the lecture this week, the leader talked briefly about prayer. She asked, "Are you reverent when you pray?" She talked about kneeling and praying and having that time be a consistent thing in our lives. While I have gotten better at communicating with God throughout my day, I don't have a specific time where I kneel down and pour my heart out to Him. I think He's been trying to tell me that I'm missing out on that. The next day, I read MckDaddy's blog post about prayer. He said almost word for word what my leader said at BSF. I went on a women's retreat this weekend. It seemed as if most verses we looked at and every song we sang talked about praying or kneeling in some way. And then, the icing on the cake, the title for yesterday's sermon, "Prayer." I think God's trying to tell me something.
I don't have any profound thoughts on what it means to pray or what that should look like in our lives. I'm just resting in the knowledge that God loves me enough to make it evident that this is missing in my life. What has he been trying to tell you lately?

No comments: